Thursday, April 24, 2008

where i am mentally

since the pre-op diet is self imposed and not required by my surgeon i must be honest in saying that watching all the burger commercials on tv last night really made me stop and think. but i am thankful to God that HE has control of my willpower right now and all i did was give those thoughts back to HIM and i realized that i am doing the right thing.  it hasn't been difficult at all fixing meals for terry and alex or being around all the junk food in the house.  although when sarah gets back home i know she wants to get started on south beach, so it will be a good idea to purge a lot of that junk for everyone's benefit.  

i also know that i need to see this as preparation for the surgery and that anything that i do now will help the actual process and recovery time.  i am so thankful to God for the way He has changed my thinking about food and the perspective He is giving to me!

No comments: